Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Normal Day 27 -- 137.6

Temptation
Numbers on the scale
taunting me
... rising and falling ... rising and falling ...
days breathe into weeks.

Relinquish not
control
over / weight
me

Who
doth dare dangle
this not-so-proverbial
carrot?

It's frustrating being on the verge of crossing back over into a "normal" BMI of 25. I know that I'll still be a little miss chubby buns (because I belong on the lower end of the "normal" range) but I'm getting so close to reaching it. Soon, very soon.

I had been wanting to have oatmeal for many days now, but avoided it because I thought I would be hungry immediately. Was I ever wrong. I had oatmeal for breakfast and didn't get hungry again all day. I practically had to force myself to eat dinner because I didn't want to go 2 days on nothing but a bowl of oatmeal. Will definitely be having oatmeal for breakfast again.

Of course, once I have a little bit of wine my will power not to eat goes out the window anyway.

exercise:
walked 1 hour around golf course -- ran the downhill part

food:
1 cup of oatmeal with banana slices, dried cherries & sliced almonds
tortellini with pesto sauce and grated fresh romano cheese
baguette slices with brie cheese
green olives
glass of red wine

No comments: