Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Reprieve

We are up in the wine country visiting my boyfriend's Mother and her husband over this Thanksgiving holiday. Thanksgiving fell on what would have normally been a fasting day for me. In anticipation of this, I fasted normally on Tuesday, followed by a low calorie day, followed by Thanksgiving Day. Since then I've just been eating like everyone else and this is the first time that I have not been alternate day fasting. I'll fast tomorrow when we get back home and I think I'll wait a few days before stepping on the scale again.

We made a delicious pumpkin cheesecake to share with everyone over the holiday. We replaced the 1 cup of sugar in the recipe with 3/4 cup of Splenda and it was more than sweet enough. It is the 2nd time we have made it, we will definitely make it again and again!

No comments: