Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Normal Day 49 - 125.6

For those of you who are interested in more traditional fasting -- there is a supportive group of people over at the Curezone.com website. They have a couple of forums dedicated to fasting: Water Fasting Support Forum, and the Fasting For Weight Loss Support Forum. You might even be able to find a fasting buddy to help keep you motivated.

My son took his state writing test today. I promised to get him a new video game or a pizza (his choice -- but not both) after finishing his test. We went over to Fry's but he didn't see any games that he wanted -- or maybe he just really wanted pizza. I had a slice but couldn't bring myself to eat the white flour crust after all that I've been reading lately on refined carbohydrates. Like a little kid, I ate the topping and fed the crust to the dog. I don't really like white flour products anyway. I've always preferred heartier whole grains even as a kid. My boyfriend's dentist told him that whole grains wear down the teeth. Ack -- can we get any peace from all this conflicting advice?

It's all I can do to keep from binging on chocolate and candy today. I'm starting to notice a pattern of craving sweets right around the time I'm ovulating and again right at the end of my cycle. Is it possible that the female body might require more carbohydrates during these times? It seems to be typical that most women crave sweets at the end of their cycles. I haven't heard of craving it while ovulating though. I wasn't even aware that I did until tracking my eating habits through this blog. My left ovary is flaring up too -- I'm pretty sure that it is just ovulation and not the cysts returning.


Food:
1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal
6 oz dha soymilk
1 cup cottage cheese
1 egg
1 slice of bell pepper pizza without the crust
1 T peanut butter
1 stalk celery
10 pieces Junior Mint candy
1/2 cup tuna tofu spread
2 oz swiss cheese

Exercise:
walked/ran - 10 minutes (mostly ran--yay!)

No comments: