Saturday, March 22, 2008

Normal Day 58 - 123.4 (Day 120)

Today, we went on our first hike with one of the local hiking groups that I joined. We went up to some trails in the Julian Mountains and hiked for 3 hours. I miss the gorgeous trails in the Columbian Gorge in Oregon, but this was beautiful nonetheless. I was worried at first, because the trail was paved with asphalt. "Is this what they call 'hiking' in California?" I wondered. But we eventually left the pavement and started climbing, I had to stop and catch my breath quite a few times. It felt great and it was a wonderful workout. The group all went out to a local restaurant for pie afterwards. I declined the offer and went home. "Too Shy For Pie!" I was thinking. Maybe next time.

Okay, everyone seems to be in agreement that you need to eat more to lose weight. Well then, today and the past few eating days, I've certainly eaten enough to see if this holds true. After hiking, we were famished. We went to the store and got some fresh fish which my boyfriend grilled. I made a brown rice pilaf. We also bought some brownies from the bakery department and a box of ice-cream cones. We also have Easter candy in the house and I have PMS. uh oh...

Food:
1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal
6 oz milk

Sandwich
(made with 2 slices whole wheat & flax seed bread, fake salami, meunster cheese, lettuce, mayo)

handful of raw almonds
1 brownie
8 oz milk
4 oz red snapper
2 oz cheddar cheese
1/2 cup brown rice pilaf
(made with brown rice, broccoli, bell pepper, celery, mushroom, onions, wine, butter, bouillon)

1 ice-cream cone
the tail of a white chocolate bunny
handful of peanut m&m's

1/2 lemon drenched in sea-salt

Exercise:
hike 3 hours

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! It looks like you broke through your plateau! Congrats!
-Christie