Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fasting Day 40 - 131

I know to expect it now, but this end of cycle weight gain still freaks me out. My body actually "feels" toxic and I can't help but question if it is hormonal or a response to something I ate yesterday. When your whole body becomes painful to the touch and your face and eyelids swell up, it doesn't seem possible that hormonal fluctuations could cause this much discomfort. Hey if a usually peaceful calm serene person can be turned into a short-tempered, grouchy Harpy. Imagine what PMS would do to some guy who is already short-tempered, grouchy and quick to brawl most of the time. (Men suffering from what I call "testosterone poisoning".) It's a good thing that men don't get PMS--the human race would have killed each other off long ago.

I'm really looking forward to my son's birthday tomorrow. We are going to have such a great time! We got him 5 movies, a new 7-iron golf club, the Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 for the Xbox 360, Guitar Hero 3 and the wireless guitar for the Xbox 360 and (of course) a box of chocolates. My boyfriend is supposed to pick him up a Lava Lamp. I'm more excited about his birthdays than I am about my own. I love my baby Valentine!

Exercise:
Walk/Ran 1 hour (again mostly walked, but the running time is growing longer)

No comments: