Saturday, December 22, 2007

Fasting Day 15 -- 144.2

I've been on this alternate day diet for 4 weeks now and it will be one calendar month on the 24th. I've lost a little over 10 pounds. This is the perfect diet for us short people. Its very difficult for a short person to cut out enough calories to lose any weight. Really, the only way I have been able to lose weight in the past was by total fasting. This is MUCH easier. Yes, it is difficult to get through each fasting day, but knowing that I can eat tomorrow makes it bearable.

I'm planning on making lentils and cornbread tomorrow. That was one of the first "on purpose" vegetarian dishes that I ever made. I was about 17 years old and had checked Francis Moore-Lappe's book "Diet for a Small Planet" out of the library. It was the first time I had ever tasted a lentil in my life. I'm looking forward to something nutritious!

We went for a long walk this evening. The walks are much easier now then they were a month ago.

No comments: