Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Fasting Day 17 -- 145.2

I get so sick of reading things that say all you have to do is eat healthy and exercise and your body will be perfect, thin and healthy. That's such B.S. It's probably true for some people, the people who would be healthy no matter what, the lucky ones. For many us, especially us shorties with slow metabolisms, eating healthy and exercising isn't enough to stop the bulge. I do eat healthy and I've been through many periods in my life when I was exercising strenuously 3 to 5 hours every day. At best, that has only maintained my weight for awhile. In order to lose weight, I've had to do an extended juice or water fast -- I'm talking 2-3 weeks of straight fasting to lose 10-15 pounds. It makes me want to smack them in their self-righteous mouths when people say, "Just cut out the junk and eat healthy." Excuse me?! I haven't been to a fast food restaurant (i.e. McDonald's, Taco Bell, Burger King, etc. ) in over 10 years! I'm mostly a vegetarian and I eat very healthy foods -- still fat though.

I guess that's why I'm so thrilled to have finally found a method that works. Yes, it's hard to go without food every other day. But when I get hungry I realize that I can make it through this and I'm not starving. If I internally measure my hunger, it really isn't that big of a difference from the way I feel after eating. It's not that big of a difference at all. If I ever was about to faint from hunger, then I would probably do a day of intermittent fasting or I would just plain eat that day. So far, it hasn't been a problem and I haven't been too tempted at all. If this is what I need to do to lose weight -- then so be it. I only wish that I would have found out this form of dieting before my weight escalated so out of control. It would have been much easier to only need to lose 10-20 pounds. Oh well, what's done is done and I'll do what I can do. The weight will eventually come back off.

Patience. Patience. Patience.

No comments: