Sunday, March 9, 2008

Fasting Day 52 - 127.6

My weight seems to have plateaued and its been bouncing around this number for the past few weeks. I'm thinking of doing a protein sparing fast for a few days and see if I can get the numbers to budge. As long as we continue to have this beautiful spring weather it should be fairly easy to do.

I found another good health site, http://www.sparkpeople.com/. They even have a group of people doing the Johnson Up Day Down Day diet -- which is very similar to what I am doing. If you are interested just go to the sparkpeople website and search for "Friends of Dr Johnson".

It would be nice to have the support of a group of people who can relate to my experiences. I've found that people who are dieting by cutting calories are kind of freaked out by fasting and people who are fasting get kind of freaked out by eating every other day. I don't really feel 'safe' posting my experiences on a diet or fasting site for fear of getting slammed with criticism. Therefore, I've been going this alone. Which is fine, but like I said, "it would be nice to have a support group".

Exercise:
Walk 1 hour

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have read your entire blog and am very interested in participating in the same way of eating.

I fasted for one day last week and did quite well... but then I cheated on the next fasting day and just blew it from there. I guess you are in a much better place mentally than I am, because you have stuck with it for over 3 months and have had virtually no feedback from others who are doing the same thing. Good for you! I know I would need support if I was going to succeed.

I actually posted a comment on Friday night, but for whatever reason, it didn't show up, so here I am again. Hopefully you'll see this one.

I am a 35 year-old woman with a 14-month old daughter. I am 5'4" and weigh 170. the last time I weighed a healthy, slender weight was about 6 years ago - I weighed 135 and wore a comfortable size 6. I weighed 170 when I got pregnant 2 years ago. I am convinced my body wants to weigh this, as I never fluctuate up or down more than about 2 pounds. So needless to say, reading about your journey has made me happy enough to cry, knowing it IS possible, even when you feel like you are COMPLETELY STUCK where you are.

Let me know if you are interested in sort of "buddying up", though you are so near your goal, I'm not sure I would be doing you quite the favor you'd be doing me.

Christie.

Muse said...

Christie,

Yes, I would love a buddy. Even after I reach my goal, I'm sure that I'll continue to do some form of alternate day fasting for its health benefits.

Alternate day fasting really does work and it is possible to be slender again. It was difficult at first, but it gets easier as time goes on. The people over on the Friends of Dr Johnson forum call their fasting day a "down day" and they just try to stay under about 600 calories rather than fasting. That might be an easier way to start out -- I imagine when you step on the scale afterwards that it will be all the motivation you need to keep you going.

It would be wonderful to have someone to share (or commiserate) experiences with!

Please email me at:
musingforces@yahoo.com and we will "buddy up".

Theresa