Sunday, March 2, 2008

Normal Day 48 - 125.6 (Day 100)

Today is the 100th day that I have been alternate day fasting. As of today, I've lost 29.4 pounds. That means I've lost an average of .294 pounds (or between 1/4 and 1/3 pounds) every day. Plus this lifestyle is really easy to do. I certainly wouldn't be able to fast for 100 days straight. Nor would I have been able to do a regular diet for that long. My metabolism has always been slow, I'm very short and in my 40's -- it's practically impossible for me to cut back on enough calories to lose a pound the old fashioned way. I couldn't imagine finding enough will power to stay on a regular diet for this long. I am still thrilled learning about alternate day fasting. I just wish that I would have discovered it about 10 years ago. Who would have thought the answer could be so simple?

Here is a promising new blog on intermittent fasting written by a certified personal trainer, Mike O'Donnell. He's interested in hearing other people's experiences and successes.

If you have a story to tell, please share it with others. I love reading about other peoples experiences with this lifestyle and have corresponded with a few of you who are trying some form of intermittent fasting or alternate day fasting. It would be wonderful to see this lifestyle blossom more in the mainstream. It is incredibily easy to do and has so many health benefits. Just as I wish that I would have heard about it 10 years ago -- I'm sure there are people who would be so grateful to learn about it. I used to curl up in a ball and cry because I couldn't understand why I couldn't stop gaining weight no matter what I did. I even got down on my knees and begged/pleaded for help. But I just kept putting on more weight, my health problems just kept compounding and I was in so much pain that I had to wear a TENS device all day long. Now, after living this lifestyle the pain is gone and my weight has returned to normal. If you are currently doing ADF or IF please share your experiences with others--get the word out about it. You just might have the solution to end someone's needless suffering.

Food:
1 cup dha soymilk
2 cups oatmeal
2 T raw sliced almonds
1 T raw flax seed
1 organic banana
1 T peanut butter
1/2 cup tuna tofu spread
1 cup cottage cheese
1 slice whole wheat bread
1 cup sliced organic cabbage
2 T lemon juice concentrate
1 tsp frozen buttercream frosting (slices of the birthday cake still exist - too much temptation - sigh)

No comments: