Saturday, March 8, 2008

Normal Day 51 - 125

We drove around all day today looking at houses. We would like to find something closer to my boyfriend's work. The closer to his work we get, the higher the rent unfortunately. Why does everything have to be so bloody expensive?! I don't see how people can even afford to do anything anymore -- its crazy.

I went overboard eating this evening. I was great all day (only had a bowl of ceral and a bowl of miso) until we came home from looking at houses and then I tried to eat a little bit of everything in our house. I wasn't really hungry, just feeling anxious. Sometimes it seems like a part of me deliberately sabotages my diet. It's like I have some kind of mental block that I need to work through. I'm accustomed to thinking that nothing works and that I'll get fatter no matter what I do. I miss being able to eat for comfort. What do you replace that with? I guess we all have days like this and instead of berating ourselves we should count our blessings. I've had periods in my life where food was not available and I had no choice but to go hungry. I should be grateful that the food is so plentiful.

Food:
1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal
6 oz dha soymilk
1 organic banana
20 raw almonds chopped
1 T raw flax seeds
1 cup miso broth with fresh cilantro, onion & ginger
1 cup of chopped green & red organic cabbage
2 T apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 boca italian sausage
1 slice sprouted rye bread
2 oz swiss cheese
handful of yogurt candy coated raisins
1 cup oatmeal
whole bunch of pistachios

No comments: