Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fasting Day 53 - 126.2

A special welcome to Christy. Good luck to you and I am really grateful to have you to chat with!

We took my car to the mechanic this evening. We waited until after dark when the traffic has subsided. The car wouldn't go into reverse, so we had to drive it through our back yard and out the back alley. I suppose we could have pushed it down the driveway. We are going to get an estimate to see if it is worth fixing. Bummer that I already paid for my son's golf lessons this month, since we can't get there. Maybe they will let me roll the payment over for next months lessons.

It seems that the lower my calorie intake on my fasting day the happier my mood is overall. I had less depression symptoms (actually, I would describe my moods as being ecstatic) when I didn't consume any protein on my fasting days. However, it is easier to get through the day if I have the protein shakes. Compromise. I measured out one scoop of protein and then add a pinch of it to each glass of water that I drink. This way I get a small boost of energy all day long.

Food:
1/2 of a protein & water shake 43.5 calories

Exercise:
walk 1 hour

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So when are you going to pig out and have a chocolate/pancakes and syrup/ pint of Ben and Jerry's day? Lately the Mint Chocolate Cookie sounds really good to me...

-Christie

Muse said...

Really, really soon I hope.

Theresa