Friday, January 11, 2008

Fasting Day 25 -- 138.6

The eye clinic has tentatively approved my getting an eye enhancement. The doctor will look over my chart and give me a call back. I had eye surgery back in August, but they did not correct my eyes quite enough. I am still using the exact same reading glasses. I want the dang things to GO AWAY! Up until today they kept telling me to "wait a little longer" for the enhancement surgery. I'm tired of waiting -- I want to be able to tell the difference between the shampoo and the conditioner bottles when I'm in the shower. Maybe they finally approved it because I sat in their waiting room reading a book with my reading glasses on -- that probably doesn't look very promising to the potential customers who are also in the waiting room at the same time. (I'm sure that had nothing to do with their finally approving the adjustment surgery -- the other clients likely assumed that I was also there inquiring about vision correction -- I'm just laughing at the humor of it.)

Here is a caveat to those who might be thinking about purchasing those diet pills advertised online. One word -- NIGHTMARE !! I don't have health insurance and I was really desperate to do something to lose weight ANYTHING. "Please oh please, just help me find the way back to better health." Back in May 2007, I tried purchasing Phentermine from an overseas company. The product never arrived, so they reshipped. I received a package in the mail of obviously homemade capsules stuffed with who knows what. They were unmarked, no instructions came with it. They were stuffed into a plastic baggy. No way was I going to experiment on myself and take one of those pills. They offered to reship again, again they never arrived. I requested a refund. It never arrived. I have dozens of emails between the company and myself -- I swear their billing support department is run by mentally deranged imbeciles. I've been through a NIGHTMARE with my bank disputing the charges. First there is that push-button quagmire to get through to a human being, then I get hung up on twice, transferred around and told basically, "too bad for you -- nothing we can do about it". Persistence paid off and I finally reached someone who would help me and she filed the dispute for me. I just need to make copies of my correspondence with the company to prove that they claim they refunded the charges. Its sad to know that there are people out there who prey upon the desperate to make a few bucks. How do they justify it to themselves? How do they look at themselves in the mirror? They seem such wretched pathetic ugly little creatures. Rise up people. Do unto others as you would have done unto you!

On the brighter side, its probably good that my order never arrived. I have found a better, healthier way to lose weight. Although, I must admit that something to help ease the hunger pains on my fasting days would have been extremely helpful in the beginning. Perhaps, doctors could use alternate day fasting in addition to prescribing appetite suppressant medications for the fasting days. Maybe this would make the Alternate-Day Fast a more palatable choice for dieters.

No comments: