Saturday, January 12, 2008

Normal Day 25 -- 137.6 (Day 50)

We have been informed that the people who own our house have decided to sell it. We went though that once before and found it inconvenient and annoying to have people coming over to look through our house with only a few minutes notice. We don't have any desire to go through that experience again, unless it's our own house that is being sold. This house was too small for us anyway, most of our belongings are stacked ground to ceiling in the garage. We only had a few hours to find a place when we first moved to S. California last year and this was the first place we found. So, we will begin the process of finding a new place to live. I'm a little concerned that the moving and packing will make it more difficult to fast every other day. Then again, maybe the weight will come off even faster.

I'm starting to see a pattern that I eat more when my boyfriend is home. Sometimes he has a tendency to be overly critical and judgmental and angry and I feel utterly drained sometimes. He is easily hurt if anyone tries to point his behavior out to him when he is being so "intense". Maybe that is one of the reasons why I've gained so much weight since I've been with him. I eat when I'm sad, angry, depressed, bored, etc. I have a tendency to use food for comfort. I crave sweet foods when he is around, like I'm trying to self-medicate. I also want to sleep more. He works a lot and I guess I would be a really grouchy person too. I guess it's easier for me to try and blame others than accept responsibility for myself.

Our dog has been really good since he began taking his doggy vitamins. However, he bit my boyfriend for the first time since he has been on them. He bit him hard and refused to even let go. My boyfriend didn't do anything to invoke the attack. I've had many dogs in my lifetime, but I've never had such an out of control, ill-tempered dog. I don't know what provokes his attacks -- its not just my boyfriend -- a stranger at the door, a person walking down the street minding their own business. He just loses control. We have to really keep an eye on him, lest we get sued oneday.

food:

1 cup raw cauliflower with 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
1 cup steamed cauliflower
2 cups lentil minestrone soup
small handful of dried cherries & dry roasted peanuts
1/2 oz mozzarella
1 bartlett pear
grilled salmon with teriyaki sauce, corn on the cob with scant 1/4 tsp butter, 10 tater tots
1/4 of a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie
8 oz milk

No comments: